Whether we reference it clinically (Cognitive Distortions - CD's) or the easier to remember name, Stinking Thinking, below you will find a list of common default ways of thinking. CD's hinder us from being "FREE" in order to truly GROW! Take some time to review this list and identify 3 TOP that resonate the most with you. Next, ask someone you trust to hold you accountable to CHALLENGING your thinking when you demonstrate this train of thinking. ________________
1. Filtering: Focusing on the negative details while ignoring the positive aspects.
2. Polarized Thinking (or “Black and White” Thinking): Seeing things ONE WAY (either THIS or THAT), not allowing for any gray or middle ground.
3. Overgeneralization: Coming to a conclusion based on one piece of evidence.
4. Jumping to Conclusions: Deciding how someone feels (Especially about you) without giving them the opportunity to clarify.
5. Catastrophizing: Magnifying a situation - Expecting and speaking disaster.
6. Personalization: Believing that everything others say has something to do with their reaction to you.
7. Control Fallacies: Viewing yourself as a victim because you feel externally controlled or assuming responsibility for others pain/happiness.
8. Fallacy of Fairness: Distressed feelings because we think "life isn't fair" based on our idea of fairness.
9. Blaming: Holding others responsible for your pain and frustration.
10. Shoulds: Determining (without flexibility) how others should act and being upset when they don't follow our rules.
Have you joined our FB Group? Click HERE to join this group of encouraging and purpose-driven sisters!Share This: